357_tendulkar

Sachin Tendulkar retires

Home » Sachin Tendulkar retires

Mumbai: One of the game’s all-time greats, Sachin Tendulkar, today announced his retirement from one-day cricket, bringing to an end a glorious 23-year-old career in the format during which he rewrote numerous batting records.

“I have decided to retire from the One-Day format of the game. I feel blessed to have fulfilled the dream of being part of a World Cup wining Indian team. The preparatory process to defend the World Cup in 2015 should begin early and in right earnest,” the 39-year-old said in a statement released by the BCCI today.

“I would like to wish the team all the very best for the future. I am eternally grateful to all my well wishers for their unconditional support and love over the years,” he added.

Tendulkar, considered the most complete batsman in modern cricket and one who was considered next only to the legendary Sir Donald Bradman, retires from the ODI format at the top of the run-getters’ list.

Tendulkar goes out after amassing 18,426 runs in 463 one-dayers at an average of 44.83. The diminutive right-hander has an astonishing 49 hundreds in the format, including a double hundred — the first in this form of the game.

Tendulkar made his ODI debut against Pakistan way back in 1989 and interestingly he is quitting the scene just ahead of another series against the arch-rivals.

The Mumbaikar, who made himself unavailable for Twenty20 after playing just one game in 2006, will now remain active in only the Test arena.

The brightest moment of his ODI career came last year when he finally became part of a World Cup winning Indian team after five previous appearances.

6 Comments

1. Comment by cricketbash on July 4, 2013 8:16 am

One of the cricket’s finest and best, Sachin Tendulkar has carved a niche for himself in cricketing folklore.

I feel so priveleged to have been born in Tendulkar’s era and blessed to have watched all his magnificent knocks..

Salute the spirit of Tendulkar Jai Hind!

2. Comment by prateekparijat on October 11, 2013 3:12 pm

This place doesn’t support the links i have provided in my article. I am posting the link itself http://uglyminds.in/sachin-tendulkar/

3. Comment by Saradhi UAE on November 16, 2013 9:12 am

Hi Master Blaster…

It’s an uncontrolled emotional moments when you are leaving the ground. I was stopped my work in office and watching live streaming in front of my monitor. But Yes, I can emphasize one thing .. there is no retirements for legends predominantly like you. Nevertheless your contribution for Indian Cricket is always needy through your expert advises for achieving more n more goals. Wishing you a very happy n healthy retirement and GOODD LUCK for ever. Thank you……

4. Comment by vishagkv on November 16, 2013 3:53 pm

sachin,thank u for memorable days..dnt go away from us…..gudluck sachin….

5. Comment by shalini on November 18, 2013 4:44 am

Most of the current advertisement are not working these days. Here is
    the new way to advertise – THE ART OF ADVERTISING – educate the people
    about your product/service and increase your sale instantaneously.

To learn more, please watch this short video:

For any questions, please write to sales@mydeals247.com.

6. Comment by Darpan on November 20, 2013 3:42 pm

The best cricket player ever!! We’ll miss him.
    I vote for him as the best cricket player here http://bit.ly/1b7ztZr He is at the top of the ranking. Go, go!

Comments RSS TrackBack Identifier URI